From Cordell and Janice Vail
14 Dec 2003
A weekly email gospel message for the descendents of Ammon and Winona Vail
Here are some questions about ancient and modern temples just to get you thinking. Can you give me a source for your answer?
1. Why does a woman wear a veil over here face?
(1 Cor 11:1-15)
2. Why did women wear a veil in Christ's time?
3. Why are we buried in our temple clothing when the body deteriorates in the grave anyway?
4. Why is Eve called the "Mother of All Living" not the mother of all humanity or all people?
(Genesis 3:20; Moses 4:26)
5. We know Jehovah helped create thousands of worlds. Did Michael help in each one too?
6. Who can go in the Holy of Holies?
7. How do you get a recommend for the Holy of Holies?
8. Where is the Holy of Holies?
9. Where else were prayer circles held besides in the Temple?
10. Why does the Pope take a new name as soon as he becomes the Pope?
11. Why do Nuns marry themselves to Christ when they take their vows?
12. What are the three kinds of Hairy Kari that a Japanese soldier could commit?
13. What does the word Posterity mean? How is it different that descendents?
14. What is the symbolism of the Veil of the temple being RENT when Christ died?
15. What does the veil represent now?
16. Who do you seal a woman to if she had more than one husband when you do her temple work?
17. What does it mean to be Born In the Covenant? Is it the same as to be sealed to your parents later?
18. What are the offices of the Patriarchal priesthood?
19. Why are all people buried face up with their feet pointing east?
20. Why did most of the original LDS temples face east?
21. Why do they always lay a corner stone to the temple?
22. Which corner of the temple is the corner stone always in?
23. Who has keys to the east doors of the Salt Lake Temple?
24. Why is the baptismal font always in the basement of the temple?
25. Where were the first baptisms for the dead preformed in the Latter-days?
26. Where was the washing and anointing ceremony received?
27. Where was the endowment ceremony first given?
28. Who wrote the words to the original temple ceremony in Joseph Smith's time?
29. Where does it say that Eve ate an apple?
30. If Michael helped form the earth, where was Eve? Did she help too?
31. How many kids did Adam and Eve have? Where were Cain, Able and Seth in the birth order?
(See Moses 5: 12 to 17)
32. What is the "LAW OF THE LORD"?
(Amos2:4; Luke 2:23-24,39; 2 Nephi 15:24;
33. What is the "LAW OF THE GOSPEL"?
34. What is the "LAW OF CONSECRATION"?
(D&C 42:32; D&C 85:3; D&C 105:29)
35. What is the "LAW OF SACRIFICE"?
(Moses 5:4-8; Alma 34: 13-14; 3 Nephi 9:19-22)
36. What is the "LAW OF CHRIST"?
(Galatians 6:2 Romans 13:10, 15:1 John 13:34,83:19 D&C 88:21)
37. What is the Law of Sarah?
38. Why do the men sit on the right and the women on the left? Why do Jewish people still do it when the women are there?
39. Why do the children always go with the mother in sealing? Why are children only Jewish if their mother is a full blooded Jewes?
40. If a woman is married in the temple then divorced civilly and has another child out of wedlock is the child Born In the Covenant?
41. If a man is married in the temple then divorced civilly and then has another child by a non-member woman is the child born in the Covenant?
42. If a woman is married in the temple then excommunicated then has a child while excommunicated is the child born in the Covenant?
43. What does it mean to become one flesh?
(Mark 10:8 Mat 19:4-6 1 Cor 6:16)
44. What would have happened if Eve had not ever eaten of the fruit?
45. What is the symbolism of the tree of life?
46. What is the symbolism of the tree of knowledge of good and evil?
47. If Peter had sealed while living in his day, you how long would your marriage be for?
48. What is a Crown of Righteousness?
(Rom 8:17 2 Tim 4:8)
49. What is a king and a priest? How is that related to being a Queen or a Priestess?
(Rev 1:6, 5:10)
50. If Christ descended below all things, Does that mean then that he also got His endowments & got married?
51. What is the Fullness of the Priesthood? How is it different from "the fullness of salvation?
(John 3:3-5; Mark 16:16; Matt 3:15; 2 Nep 31:4-11)
52. What is the purpose of the new name mentioned in Rev 2:17, 3:12 and D&C 130:10. Why do we need a new name?
53. What does ELECTION mean? Is it the same as being an "ELECT" person or to have your "CALLING AND ELECTION MADE SURE"?
(Matt 24:22-24; Romans 8:33; Romans 9:11; 1 Thes. 1:4; 1 Peter 1:10)
54. What is the difference between anoint and seal verses bless and ordain?
55. Why is there no mention of the temple ceremony in the Book of Mormon when the New Testament is full of it?
56.What does it mean to HONOR YOUR WIFE?
(1 Peter 3:7)
57. What symbolism did Brigham Young intend when he put six spires on the Salt Lake Temple?
58. Why are the east towers of all the multi-spire temples always taller than the west ones?
59. Why is the west tower of the Manti temple FLAT?
60. Who picked the spot for the Manti Temple?
61. Why did they build the Mexico City temple outside the City limits?
62. Why do we have prayer circles? (not to be discussed outside the temple)
(D&C 107:20 and 1 Cor 11)
63. Why is the word Melchezdek mis-spelled on the east gazebo in the 4th floor assembly room of the Salt Lake Temple?
64. Why do we all wear the same white clothing in the temple?
65. What are the "blessings of the fathers" spoken of by Abraham in Abraham 1:2
66. What is the right of the first born spoken of in Abraham 1:2
67. How did the Egyptians get so much of our temple ceremony (painted on walls of pyramids).
68. Where is the seer stone that President Of The Church has?
69. Who is the person "LIKE UNTO GOD" spoken of in Abraham 3:24 (it is not Christ).
70. Who is the person "LIKE UNTO THE SON OF MAN" spoken of in Abraham 3:27 (it is not Christ)
71. Why did God create Light on 4th day, the plants on the 3rd day. How did they live with no light?
72. In Genesis and the P of G P the grass is planted then the light divide from the dark in the temple it is the other way around. Why?
73. What is the tree of life planted in the Garden of Eden mentioned in Moses 3:9
74. Moses 3:17 says Adam was commanded not to eat of tree of knowledge of good and evil. Moses 3:21 is where Eve was created. So was Eve ever commanded to not eat the fruit?
75. If Satan already knows he can not win why does he bother (see Moses 4:6)
76. What does it mean in Moses 4:21 that God put enmity between Satan and the Woman?
77. What does it mean that Satan shall "bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel"
78. Moses 2:27 says God created male and female yet Eve was not created until 3:21. Who was the female he created in 2:27?
79. It says in Moses 2:28 that the male and female were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth in the sixth day of creation but Eve was not taken from his side or created until Moses 3:21. Who was commanded here?
80. What is the Second Endowment or Second Anointing? Where do you get it?
81. What ordinances did they perform in the Kirtland Temple? Nauvoo? Endowment House?
82. What are the two most important words to remember from the temple ceremony as related to our personal lives? (not to be discussed outside the temple)
83. What is the difference in the wording between the washing and anointing ceremony for the man and the woman (not to be discussed outside the temple)
84. Why does the husband take the wife through the veil when they are married (not to be discussed outside the temple)
NOTE: Nothing in any of these Sunday Sermons is intended to represent the official doctrines of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are strictly instructions and teachings from Cordell and Janice Vail to their family.
Back to Epistles